Do you plan to shed those unwanted pounds? One of the most common myths about weight loss is that you can lose weight by just restricting your calories and increasing your exercise.
Well listen up and prevent a ton of heartache. After years of impressive research, there is huge agreement that the quality of your calories and exercise are the keys.
To become successful in your weight loss goals you will need to replace your grain carbs and sugar calories with high quality protein and fats. Your usual cardio exercise will need replaced with high intensity-interval training.
Here are some other tips for a successful weight loss program
1. Rethink your vocabulary
Have you ever deliberately lost weight? Have you lost your goal weight? Did you gain it back? Did you gain back more than you actually lost? Well maybe if you clean-up your language you’ll be more effective.
First strike “lose” from your vocabulary.
Why? Because when you say, “I’m going to lose weight”, you have just set yourself up to regain it ASAP. That’s because your body, mind and emotions are programmed to begin a search immediately to uncover the location of what you have lost.
When did you lose your car keys and not care? Did you say “Oh well, so what?” Never! Until you have found your car keys you cannot rest. That’s the case for virtually anything you have lost or misplaced.
This programming began in child hood when you lost something you were trusted with like the house key. The tension you must have felt really left an impression on you so that you have a healthy regard for losing things.
Alternative language: “It’s my intention to shed 15 pounds over the next 6 months.” Or,
“Over the next 6 months I shall be gaining slimness to the tune of 15 or more pounds! “
2. Consider high intensity exercise that actually increases your growth hormone level naturally
Increasing your growth hormone level provides the following benefits:
• Lowers your body fat
• Dramatically improves muscle tone
• Firms your skin and reduces wrinkles
•Boosts your energy and sexual desire
• Improves athletic speed and performance
• Allows you to achieve your fitness goals much faster
Bonus – You only have to do these 20-minute sessions twice a week!
The high intensity exercise looks like this;
Let’s say you are a walker:
• Warm up for three minutes
• Walk as fast as you can without running, and swing and pump your arms for 30 seconds.
• Recover for 90 seconds
• Repeat the high intensity walk (or other exercise) and recovery 2 to 3 times.
Be mindful of your current fitness level and don’t overdo it when you first start out. You may increase to eight times if you wish to set that as your longer term goal. This really works!
3. Counting Calories Isn’t Enough to Keep you On track — You Need to Factor in Appetite Control
Appetite control may be achieved by increasing fiber in your diet. Here are
Six tips for increasing the Fiber in your diet.
Cravings got you down?
• Start slowly. Switching abruptly to a high-fiber diet can cause gas and bloating. Increase your fiber intake slowly until you get up to 50 grams a day.
• Bring on the Flax – grind flax seed and sprinkle 2 tablespoons on salads and other dishes.
• Load up on legumes. Beans beat out everything else for fiber content!
• Bulk up on vegetables. With low levels of calories and high levels of antioxidants and protective phytochemicals, these excellent fiber sources should be heaped on your plate daily.
• Go nuts – Include a few handfuls of almonds, walnuts, pecans, or hazelnuts to your diet every day.
• Add Sugar Stop the one-of-a-kind, unique blend of natural ingredients intended to fight fat, cholesterol and the formation of AGEs (advanced glycation end-products.) Sugar Stop plays a powerful supporting role for healthy weight loss.
4. Increase your fat-burning abilities by lowering the thermostat
By cooling your body, you’re forcing it to burn extra calories by activating your heat generating fat – brown fat.Read Melinda Wenner Moyer’s article on why turning down the thermostat can help you burn fat.
Metabolism determines how efficiently we’re burning calories and appetite determines how satisfied the calories make us. There are ways to increase the former and decrease the latter, which will make it a lot easier to maintain a healthy weight. The following methods are not for people with high blood pressure, heart problems, are of old age, suffer from anemia or similar complications. All others should consult with their physician before showering this way.
Strategies to increase metabolism:
Drinking about 500 ml of ice water each morning
Cold showers- Alternate the water temperature from warm to cold about 20 seconds while taking a shower.
Of course, common sense is advised. Cold water, will shock your body to some degree so you need to make sure the water is not too cold, and that you do not stay in it longer than 20 seconds. As always, listen to your body and gradually work up to the 20 seconds duration.
Note: Check out more information on Cold Thermogenesis by Dr. Jack Kruse on Paleo solutions.
Do you need help getting rid of those annoying cravings? What about Emotional eating? Check with Dr. Andrews and get your Crave-busting Bach Remedies today.