Many of us become overly stressed during the holiday season. There is just SO much to do!
Here are 12 quick tips to help keep you merry and bright this holiday.
1. Stay positive – try not to sweat the small stuff.
2. Make family celebrations peaceful; plan a shorter stay if necessary.
3. Give to others, consider volunteering at a shelter or visit a nursing home.
4. If you face holiday blues, talk to a trusted friend or clergy or other professional.
5. Take care of yourself. Don’t throw healthy living out the window.
6. Take time to relax. Get a massage. Recharge by deep breathing with your eyes shut.
7. Avoid over scheduling. Learn to say “no”. Delegate to others in the family.
8. Stick to your budget. Keep expectations manageable.
9. Practice being grateful for what you have and who you are.
10. Take a whiff of citrus – lemon or orange peel will reduce stress.
11. Squeeze the fleshy place between your index finger and thumb for 30 seconds.
12. Dip into some honey for an antioxidant and energy punch.